Adoption of the law 2024.11.2015
It is with regret that we announce the adoption of the law 20 on the 10 November 2015 and that its application is immediate. The law 20 removes coverage for IVF under the medicare programme (RAMQ).
To date, this is the information that we have received including that which was announced in the communication on the 19 November 2015 :
• Only one embryo can be transferred for women of 36 years old or younger
• A maximum of two embryos can be transferred for women of 37 years of age or older according to specific criteria
• For eligible patients( no children, no vasectomy or tubal ligation) the RAMQ coverage is replaced by a tax credit (up to a maximum of 20,000$) based on the total family revenue
• The RAMQ coverage is removed for donor semen
• The RAMQ coverage is maintained for intrauterine inseminations
Please note that any patient who received services associated with an IVF cycle or who started their treatment before the 11 November remain covered by the RAMQ until the completion of their cycle.
**** If you have already planned to proceed with an IVF cycle with one of our Fertility specialist physicians, please contact our coordination department to verify if your cycle will be covered by the RAMQ during this transition period.****
Par ailleurs, les patients qui ont des embryons congelés issus d’une FIV avant le 11 novembre 2015, qui n’a pas abouti à une grossesse clinique (cœur fœtal présent) demeurent couverts pour leur l’utilisation des embryons congelés jusqu’à l’obtention d’une grossesse clinique ou utilisation de tous les embryons. Pour plus d’information sur le crédit d’impôt veuillez appeler le 514-864-6299 (dans la région de Montréal), le 418-659-6299 (dans la région de Québec) ou le 1-800-267-6299 (pour toute autre région) ou voir see this link
The final version of the law will be available soon on the site of the National Assembly at this link